Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Brickwizard part III

This one's gonna be a bit shorter today.  I'm still thinking about how I want the Brickwizard story to turn out.  I want to get it figured out correctly before I go and make something cannon.  I dunno.  Maybe I'm worried about it too much.  Hopefully you get a kick out of this anyway.  

*********************************************

"Bronze bricks are hexed with a special spell which allows them to grow walls only where you want them to." said Thrimfond Breadsaw. "Like I said before, they are very comparable to organic seeds."

"But why do you have to plant two of them in order to grow one wall?" asked the Highlord.

"You only need one brick," explained Breadsaw, "but first you need to split it into two pieces.  Then you plant them away from each other, just as long as you want the wall to be.  The half bricks each grow separate towers while simultaneously growing downward and outward until the roots on either side connect.  This is how the half-bricks establish each other's location, thus becoming one, again.  As soon as this connection is established, the wall starts growing in-between the towers."

"...Give me a minute" said the Highlord, furrowing his brow.

"I'll draw you a diagram." said Breadsaw.

Phase One

Phase Two

"Ok, yeah that makes sense." said the Highlord

No comments: