Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Burglers! / girls vs. video games

Last night I had a dream that I was home at night. I look out the window and saw a man on the roof of my neighbor's house with a mining light on his head. I thought to myself "Is that a robber?" I then saw another man on the ground walk up to the door and break the window of the door with a hammer. "Yes" I decided "They're definitely robbers." I then debated with myself whether or not this was 911 worthy. I looked at that house today. That door has no window.

Act II of this post: girls vs. video games

Women, if this title offends you, please continue to read so I can try to explain myself.

Video games are great. They will never let you down, send mixed messages, or make you feel awkward. They are great to be around, they are really entertaining, and they will ultimately never let you down. I'm not saying that girls are the opposite of video games. What I am trying to say, is that there is a CHANCE that girls will let you down. One of the greatest thing about video games is also it's greatest downfall: NO RISK. If you don't want to be emotionally hurt, play video games. But, the only time we can be happy, is when we sacrifice something, and making a sacrifice is a risk. As much as I want to, I can't marry video games. It is impossible to start a family and have children with Team Fortress 2 or Halo: Reach. Girls are great, but there are some that will let you down, and there are some that will never let you down for any reason. All in all, girls > video games.

I guess what I am trying to say is this. One of the reasons we boys play video games is because we are afraid of girls. That may be the nerdiest/geekiest/lamest thing you ever heard, but it is true. It is a way of protection ourselves, for our massive biceps and six-pack-abs are nothing compared with their mysterious impossible to understand brain and powerful emotions.

I'll let you in on a little secret, girls. As crazy as it sounds, you have more power than you think. More power than...dare I say it?...video games.

So here's to you, my two loves. May you both treat me well.

No comments: